Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Growing Up In Society

Growing up in today's society is hard!

But growing up being two or moraces is probably harder. People struggle finding out who they, whether they are either one race or the other. And that is what i struggled with growing up.

Being half Black and and half Filipino, I found it hard to find out who i was and i connected too. I could not relate to anyone.

There were those people that would say that "I am not black enough" or "He is not asian enough". And that shit always bothered me. Like how could people tell me i was not enough of something? Just because i am not full black or not being able to speak togalog (Filipino language)? Is that really a reason why to say that??

But hey, that is how society is and i learned from it. You are going to always hear negative things from people but you have to just brush it off and just LIVE your life. Smile or laugh at how dumb they sound.

As long as I know who I am then everything is all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment